As promised and exactly on time, the pre-order page for the upcoming T-Mobile G2 has gone live on T-Mobile's website. Unfortunately, it looks like only existing T-Mobile customers are allowed to submit their preorders, with everyone else being left to dry for now.
The upcoming flagship Android phone will cost you $199.99 after a mail-in rebate on a contract or $499.99 without. That is inline with Best Buy's preorder deal from 2 weeks ago and $50 more than Radioshack's preorder, which is currently the best deal available.
Those in need of a refresher on this bad boy's specs can find them below:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ MSM7230 mobile processor
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard, unique Z-hinge design
- Android 2.2 OS
- 3.7” S-TFT WVGA display
- 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal memory
- 8-GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus
- 720p HD video capture
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR + A2DP stereo
- 3.5-mm stereo headset
- 4.68” (L) x 2.38” (W) x .58” (H)
- Weight: 6.5 ounces
- Included battery: 1300 mAh Li-ion
- Talk time: up to 6.5 hours
- Standby time: up to 17.5 days
Whether you will want to reserve now or try to wait for deals which Amazon Wireless and Wirefly will undoubtedly launch soon is up to you. However, keep in mind that T-Mobile listed the device quantity as limited, so it's likely that the phone will be sold out by launch date.