Yesterday, Samsung released a fairly minor update for the Epic 4G. There are only a handful of changes, including some light optimizations and a few small bug fixes - but more importantly, it adds Media Hub functionality. Media Hub is a new service that was introduced last night by Samsung, and provides access to movies and TV shows from most of the big dogs - not too shabby.
Full list of changes:
DI07 Update Details
Please see the list below for details of some changes found in the DI07 update.
- Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
- Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
- Added, Media Hub
- Modified, WiMAX exit delay
- Modified, UI "Noisey" One to "Noisy One"
- Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
- Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
- Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
- Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration
Note, below is a screen shot of the descriptor.
The update will be coming OTA, so those content to wait for it will be notified when the update becomes available. More impatient users can search for the update manually:
- Press the Home Key
- Press the Menu Key, tap on Settings, and select About phone
- Tap on System Updates
- Tap on Update Android
- Follow the onscreen instructions