TweetDeck for Android, which got immensely popular ever since its first public release a month ago, just got an update which finally brought the missing and very much anticipated widget support. After updating, you will find not 1, not 2, but 3 different widgets.
Here is the changelog:
- New "Quick post" widget
- New "Column" widget
- New "Quick launch bar" widget
- All new Add Column interface
- Fixed various bugs and improved performance
Check out all of the new widgets in the screenshots I just took:
- the top one is TweetDeck Column which turns into a quick view of one of your columns. You can pick the column you want, then go back by clicking at the top of the widget or go into full view by clicking at the Open Column button. I must say, this widget looks odd - it should be 1 column wider
- middle is TweetDeck Bar which is just a bunch of shortcuts to all of your columns
- bottom is TweetDeck Post which is basically a quick compose screen for new messages. The layout of the message popup on my EVO running Froyo was actually broken, but Tweetdeck's Richard Barley has already responded to me and said they'd be looking into the issue
Download the latest version of TweetDeck for Android by hitting up this url from your phone: http://www.tweetdeck.com/go/android.
Alternatively, and this is a new feature at AndroidPolice, hover your mouse on top of the link above for a few seconds, and you will see the QR code scannable with Barcode Scanner (all in-post links have this feature now).
You can discuss the new TweetDeck version over at DroidForums.net.