Barnes & Noble has already shown great interest in the Android platform by choosing it to run on their own e-reader, and this relationship continues to grow. B&N has just released Nook For Android, a full-featured app that includes access to their e-book store.
With plenty of e-reader applications on the Market already (including Nook’s main rival, Kindle) this may seem like overkill. However, the LendMe feature, which allows users to lend their e-books to friends for short periods of time, may be enough for some to make the switch. Check out all the features below.
- More than 1 Million eBooks -- Just a Touch Away
- All your favorite titles, including hot new releases and bestsellers
- FREE samples of eBooks anytime, plus thousands of FREE titles
- Access to your eBook library on your computer plus hundreds of mobile devices including iPad, iPhone, and NOOK
- Share eBooks with friends for FREE with LendMe™
- Recommended titles from your favorite authors
- Add bookmarks as you read
Currently, the only feature missing is the ability to read newspaper and magazines, though this is likely to be included in a future update. Anyone with a phone running Android 1.6 and up can search for “Nook” in the Market or just scan (or click on your Android device) the QR code below to download the app.