Remember the 3-click SimpleRoot app that brought full root, including permanently unlocking NAND (that's something unrevoked doesn't do), to your EVO 4G? I sure do, as that's exactly how I rooted my EVO. However, If you applied the latest god forsaken EVO OTA, you may have found that that version of SimpleRoot no longer worked.
For my hands-on using this app, hit up the previous 3-click article.
Instructions and credits below:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- HTC Sync
- Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode. (MENU > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging = Checked )
- Click the buttons starting from Step 1 and follow directions.
- Click the Extras Menu and select Flash recovery. Then select the Recovery of your choice.
- Remove all the file not need after you've completed all the step by clicking Extras > Clean root-files
Im trying to work on getting a VPS to host the files for this. My host suspended my account due "CPU Usage" abuse lol. The amount of downloads were cause the CPU over usage... So getting a VPS should solve that problem, but it's more costly... so dropbox and megaupload will have to do for now....
Source: xda-developers via jiqqaman