Chat on Android is about to get a whole lot better. Cerulean Studios, developers of cross-platform instant messaging client Trillian, are finally bringing their creation to Android. It’s certainly time – their iPhone application has been available for some time, while their Blackberry application is already in beta. Unfortunately, the first beta is still a few weeks away, but you can look forward to these great features:
- Connect to Facebook Chat, Windows Live, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP and MySpaceIM
- Synchronize your contacts, avatars, status, accounts and more with your Trillian-enabled desktop or mobile apps
- Get notified easily with Android notification system integration
- Contact list sorting, grouping, metacontacts support, privacy settings and various ways to organize
- Set status, avatar and display name quickly in one simple screen
- Tabbed chat windows with bubble view, photo transfer, buzz and emoticon support
- Support for Android phones as far back as version 1.6 – works with your good old T-Mobile G1 or the newest HTC Evo 4G or Motorola Droid!
- We took special care and respect to design and build the user interface to smoothly integrate with Android – this is not just a clone from the iPhone!
It’s really great to see developers who really understand the Android platform: support for previous versions of Android is a huge plus, as is the fact that this is “not just a clone” of the iPhone version, and will instead be built just for Android.
via: Droid Life