UPDATE: Updated download link for Alpha 3 below. We don’t currently have a change log, unfortunately.
An alpha of CyanogenMod 6 for the Droid has been released, and is up for download. The link, along with the link for FRF85B’s GApps (Google Apps) package, is below.
Prerequisites for install
- Your Droid must be unlocked.
- Your Droid needs a custom recovery image (Clockwork Recovery, Amon_RA, etc).
- You should probably make a backup via TitaniumBackup or Nandroid.
- Download the 2 zip files above to your phone and place them in the root of your SD card
- Boot your device into recovery, and select install from zip
- Flash CyanogenMod 6 first
- Flash the GApps package
- Reboot your device
If all goes well, you should now be running CyanogenMod 6 Alpha 3. We have not yet tested it on a device of our own, so we would appreciate comments on your experiences with this release!
Credit: #koush IRC channel on freenode