The second official Android Police contest is here!
We have grown fast in the 7 weeks of existence, and it's time for our twitter page, @AndroidPolice, to have a decent design.
What We Have
What You Have
You have graphic design skills and you love Android. Or just love StarCraft, but still have design skills.
Either way, if you can help us create the best twitter page in the business, you can have the SC 2 Beta key. Hell, we'll even throw in a dofollow backlink to your site and a full "Designed by" credit in the design itself.
How To Win
The rules are simple.
We will give out 1x Starcraft 2 beta key.
In order to win it, complete all of these steps:
2. Retweet the following message:
Follow @AndroidPolice for your #Android news and go to http://bit.ly/ao6PLw to win a #Starcraft2 Beta Key.
3. Create the design yourself or have your friend do it, and send us the PSD.
- Send all designs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The best submission will have an attractive and original design, with your own Android interpretation.
- Major bonus points given for an illustration style design and even more points if it is lightly police themed.
- You can reuse, modify, and go freestyle crazy with our current logo - there are no restrictions but don't feel obligated to use it.
- In your design, include the title of the site (Android Police), the url (AndroidPolice.com), a sample description (a few random sentences), and sample contact details (twitter, email, IM) - something we could easily modify.
- Make sure the elements are not covered up by the twitter stream. This usually having a visually separate area on the left side which is guaranteed to be visible no matter what the user's screen resolution is.
4. Leave a comment here with your twitter name in the url field, the email used in step 3 in email field, and any comments related to your design or the process of creating it, as well as a public preview link for everyone to see, if you have one.
The contest ends in 1 week, on Saturday, May 22st, at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be chosen shortly after by the Android Police team, posted on the site, and notified via email/twitter.
We reserve the right to end the contest early if one of the submitted designs blows us away.
Feel free to have a look at these Best Twitter Layouts pages for some inspiration:
Here are some useful Starcraft 2 links in order to get your started:
Are you excited?! I've been playing SC 2 Beta for a few weeks, and it's a massive amount of fun, for both diehard Starcraft fans and new players.
Let the contest begin, and most importantly - have fun, guys (glhf)!