The Flipout is supposedly running Android 2.1 with Motorola’s custom MOTOBLUR interface and will be available in a choice of black, green, or pink.
The specs given by HDBlog are the same as the ones that were leaked last month, so nothing’s changed there.
- CPU: OMAP3410, 700MHZ
- Networks: WCDMA/HSPA: 850/1900 GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
- Display: 2.8” QVGA, 320 x 240
- Web: HTML, Flash with multi-touch
- Camera: 3MP
- Video: Capture/Playback/Streaming, H.263, MPG-4, WMV v9
- Internal Memory: 512MB of flash, 256MB RAM
- Memory Card: MicroSDHC up to 32GB
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth: 2.1 with EDR
- Battery: 940 mAH
- Special Features: MOTOBLUR 1.5, 3.5mm audio jack, removable/customized rear covers
The Flipout is rumored to be headed to AT&T, although a confirmation is still needed.
With its strange form factor and mediocre specs, the Flipout isn’t anything to write home about, although it will support Flash, which is a bonus. The phone is expected in June, so we won’t have to wait long to see how it’s received upon its release.
What do you guys think? Does this design make any sense at all?